Session 1: March 1
Session 2: May 1
Please complete the program application online and include the following documents:
- A current resume or c.v. that includes your employment history, professional experience, scholastic honors, etc.
- Academic transcripts from your current institution or most recent institution(s).
- Evidence of English proficiency. Academic success in the Program requires a high level of English language proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking. To demonstrate this proficiency, non-native English speakers must provide TOEFL or IELTS scores at the time of application. The minimum scores required are:
- TOEFL: 100 internet/ 250 computer/ 600 paper-based
- IELTS: 7.0 overall band score. No individual band score below 6.0
- Coursework: If you have studied in the U.S. during the past year, a 3.0 GPA and a writing class is sufficient proof of English proficiency.
Admission to the program is competitive. Your application will be reviewed and evaluated by the Elliott School. Admitted participants will be required to provide a USD$500 deposit to confirm participation.
All accepted participants are admitted for visiting, non-degree status at The George Washington University.
The U.S. Foreign Policy in a Global Era program welcomes international applicants; GW cannot sponsor student visas to attend this program.